In earlier post of mine, we have seen, how to implement “Auto Select”, with the help of Prototype and Rails.
Now, that Rails-3 has been released, lot of changes are already made. In-built support for Prototype has been removed. Still if you wish to use prototype, all you need is to install its gem.
Here, I am covering the same example:
– Select ‘Country’ from the first drop down.
– Second drop down will populate the list of ‘States’. If you select any state:
– Third drop down will populate the list of ‘Countries’.
All I am using here is Rails-3, Rails-3 UJS, and Jquery.
Please download the application with the link provided and let me know your feedback.
System Requirements/Features Covered in this application.
– Ruby 1.8.7
– Rails 3.0.0 or higher
– Country -> State -> City Drop down
– Ajax Search
Steps to run the application:
– Create a schema. Change the database.yml accordingly.
– Run rake db:migrate
– Start the server.
– Please do read the README file.