Hope you are keeping safe!
This article is very short and simple. I was struggling to have multiple versions of Elasticsearch on my local Mac machine. With `homebrew` service, I wasn’t able to install multiple versions of Elasticsearch and I don’t want to move away from brew. So, I have decided to work on the alternate.
Here’s are the steps:
* If you have elasticsearch installed with
brew command. Keep it as-is
* Stop elasticsearch service.
$ brew tap homebrew/services $ brew services list $ brew services stop elasticsearch-full # that's my case. Yours will be different ==> Successfully stopped `elasticsearch-full` (label: homebrew.mxcl.elasticsearch-full) # now if you try to curl localhost:9200 $ curl http://localhost:9200 curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
- Install evm (ElasticSearch Version Manager) from: https://github.com/duydo/evm
evm install 7.4.0
- Start elasticsearch:
- Try hitting the curl request and you should see version 7.4.0
- If you want to run previous version (that you’ve installed with Homebrew), simply run:
evm stopand then run
brew services start elasticsearch-full
Thankful to: https://github.com/duydo/evm
Hope that helps!